Chicken cheese salad
Chicken cheese salad is the ultimate recipe for all the fitness freaks. It has loads of protein in the form of chicken and cheese. Also, it has healthy carbs because it’s full of veggies. You don’t need to eat those boring salads when you have something so interesting, colourful, and delicious to eat. Ignore the fact that healthy is boring and try out this recipe. You would feel that instant cheese melts in your mouth with the goodness of veggies and chicken.
– 150 grammes boiled,cut into strips chicken breasts
– 50 grammes plain greek yoghurt
– 2 green olives
– 1 tablespoonful chopped spring onions
– 1/4 cup chopped baby lettuce
– Black pepper as required
– Chilli flakes as required
– 1/4 tablespoonful lemon juice
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 3 black olives
– 3 sliced cherry tomatoes
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– Salt as required
– Oregano as required
– 2 tablespoonfuls extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1: Grill the chicken breast
Heat oil in a grilling pan and add boiled chicken breast pieces to it. Turn the breast when it gets cooked from one side. The pieces should turn light golden brown in colour. Transfer the grilled pieces to a plate.
- Step 2: Prepare the dressing for the salad
In a bowl, take green olives, black olives, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and yoghurt. Stir continuously to mix all the ingredients well. Then add 1/4 tablespoonful olive oil and lemon juice. Mix it again.
- Step: 3 Add in the grilled chicken pieces
Now, to the bowl add the grilled chicken pieces. Then add salt and pepper as per your taste. Toss the grilled chicken pieces in the dressing. Sprinkle some spring onions on the top and keep the bowl aside.
- Step 4: Melt cheese for the salad
In a bowl, take grated parmesan cheese and melt it in the oven. Once done, pour the cheese on the chicken salad.
- Step 5: Ready to serve
Your salad is almost ready. For seasoning, add chilli flakes and oregano on the top.
Health benefits of cheese
-Cheese prevents osteoporosis
-Cheese is the best dietary source for calcium
-Cheese can reverse hypertension by lowering blood pressure
-Cheese benefits the immune system
-Improves brain function
-It provides strong teeth