• 2 cups of flour
• 2 cups of sugar
• 3/4 cup of unsweetened
• 2 teaspoonfuls of baking
• 1 1/2 teaspoonful of
• 1 teaspoonful of salt
• 1 teaspoonful of coffee
• 1 cup of buttermilk/milk/yog
• 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoonfuls of vanilla
• 1 cup of boiling water
– Preheat oven to 160Celcius. Prepare two 9-inches cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
– Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl.
-Whisk through to combine mixture.
– Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
-Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
– Divide cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
– Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
– Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
Remove from the pan and cool completely.
– Frost and decorate as desired