Chocolate Chip Cake
• Chocolatte chip cake
1. 1 and half cups all-purpose flour.
2. 1 and half teaspoons baking powder.
3. 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
5. 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola or vegetable oil.
6. 1 cup sugar.
7. 2 large eggs.
8. 1 and half teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
9. Three quarters (3/4) cup (180 ml) buttermilk, sour cream or heavy cream.
10. 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips.
1. Combine the butter, oil, and sugar.
2. Using a whisk, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy for about 4 minutes, occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly joint.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
4. In three additions, add in the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk starting, and ending with the flour.
5. mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (You may need to cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil if the top begins to brown too quickly while baking.)
7. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving