Docket on gun-wielding chief sent to AG’s Dept. for advice

The docket of the Chief of Domanafo who allegedly ran amok and opened fire on a 19-year-old boy has been forwarded to the Attorney General’s Department for advice.

The boy was said to have been accused by the chief for insubordination.

Chief Superintendent of Police, Sulley Ibrahim, Mampongteng Divisional Police Commander, told this paper, here in a follow-up to the incident.

He said the gun used by the Chief, Nana Owusu Kwarteng, is in the custody of the police, adding it had been licensed.

A sister paper of the Spectator, The Ghanaian Times, reported the incident in its Tuesday, April 28, 2020 edition that the chief was said to have invited the teenager and (Loveline Antwi), to his palace following a fight, but the boy declined to go.

The chief who was said to have armed himself with a gun, rushed to the house of the teenager, fired two warning shots before blasting the chest of the boy, on that fateful Thursday (April 23, 2020).

Speaking to The Spectator here on phone, the victim’s father, Nana Kwame Frimpomg, linguist of the Offinso Paramountcy, claimed that the chief after the shooting, picked the boy, who was bleeding profusely, into his own car to the Ankaase hospital but was asked to send him to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).

He said the chief went to the Mamponteng Police station to report that he had shot a suspected robber. 

According to the father, the victim’s sister was sent to buy some items but some three boys, said to be from the palace, were trailing her.

He said in the process the victim bumped into the scene and the sister told him of what was going on.

The victim, the father said, inquired from the boys why they were trailing her but that resulted in a fight but they were separated by some neighbours.

When a word got to the chief about the brawl, the chief sent some young men to the house of the teenager inviting him to the palace.

The boy declined to go because it was late and the mother of the boy told those sent that she would bring him (boy) along the following day.

The chief got furious as he was informed, so he armed himself and rushed to the boy’s place resulting in the shooting incident.

He was said to have fired two warning shots to scare the household before entering the house.

Chief Superintendent Ibrahim, further confirmed that the chief was detained on Thursday and later released on an enquiry bail.

The police  also confirmed that the chief reported a robbery case that led to the shooting.

From Kingsley E.Hope, Kumasi

Google+ Linkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *