Health benefits of melon seeds
• Melon seeds
1. Prevents diabetes: Diabetes occurs when the body is unable to respond to insulin (the hormone that lowers blood sugar) and/or when it is unable to produce sufficient insulin. Melon seeds oil also reduces blood sugar levels in mice with diabetes.
2. Lowers lipid levels: High blood levels of lipids (fat, cholesterol, and triglycerides) in the blood can increase the risk of heart disease. Melon seeds lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels in patients with high blood lipid levels.
3. Prevents bacterial infections: Extracts from melon plants, fruits, and seeds prevent bacterial infections. Melon seeds contain active chemicals that kill common bacteria like Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Salmonella typhimurium.
4. Source of antioxidants: Antioxidants are essential components of diet because they neutralise harmful free-radicals that cause diseases like cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and heart disease. They are typically present in fruits, and melon seeds is no exception.
5. Stimulates hair growth: Melon extracts are used in Ayurvedic medicine for hair growth. These extracts are effective in increasing the number of hair follicles in animal studies.
Minoxidil is the standard treatment for hair loss in men and can be effective in women.
Source: https://somiigbene. com