Man blows up kitchen while trying to kill fly

We have all been annoyed by a small insect or a fly at some point or the other, but one man accidentally blew up part of his house while trying to get rid of a bug.

The man, who has not been publicly identified, reportedly blew up part of his house in France while trying to kill a fly.

According to local news outlets, the 82-year-old had just sat to dinner in his house when he became annoyed by a buzzing bug.

The Frenchman began to swat the fly with an electric racquet – not realising that a gas canister was leaking inside his house.

A reaction between the electric fly swatter and the leaking gas caused a reaction, according to reports. The resulting explosion brought down part of the kitchen and partly damaged the roof of his house.

Fortunately, the octogenarian managed to escape without any major injuries. He sustained only a burn to his hand and was transported to a hospital for a check-up.

While his house is temporarily uninhabitable, he is staying at a local campsite as his family members repair the house.

This is not the first time that a small bug has spelled big trouble for homeowners. In 2018, a man in California set his parents’ house on fire while trying to burn some spiders.

Also in the same year, an Australian blew up his house while trying to burn cockroaches.

Google+ Linkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *