• 2½ cups all-purpose flour
• 2 large eggs
• ¾ cups of sugar
• ½ cup of milk or water
• 3 tablespoonfuls of melted butter
• 1 tablespoonful of vanilla extract
• ½ nutmeg
• 1 tablespoonful of baking powder
• ⅛ tablespoonful of salt
• 2-3 cups of vegetable oil (for frying)
-In a mixing bowl, add your flour, nutmeg, baking powder, salt and mix together.
-Create space in the middle and add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and milk. Mix with your hand or a spoon in a circular motion until the butter is smooth with no lumps.
-Cover the butter and allow it to settle for 5 to 10 minutes.
-Heat the oil on a medium heat. Then, using your hand or a spoon, scoop the butter (about a tablespoon size) and carefully drop it into the hot oil.
-Fry until golden-brown
-Take them out of the oil and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.