The Biblical names and titles of Jesus Christ – Part 2
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. – 1 Corinthians 8:6
We continue our study this week with more Biblical names and titles ascribed to Jesus Christ.
1. HOLY ONE OF GOD; “Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!” – Mark 1:24
2. HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; Though you are a lowly worm, O Jacob, don’t be afraid, people of Israel, for I will help you. I am the Lord, your Redeemer. I am the Holy One of Israel.’ – Isaiah 41:14.
3. HORN OF SALVATION; The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.–Psalm 18:2
4. I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE; Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. – John 6:35.
5. I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD;While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” – John 9:35
6. I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD; “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. –John 10:11
7. I AM THE DOOR;I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture.–John 10:9
8. I AM THE RESURRECTION; “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die–John 11:25.
9. I AM THE TRUE VINE; I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. – John 15:1
10. I AM THE WAY; Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. –John 14:6
11. JESUS; She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus because He will save His people from their sins.”, – Matthew 1:21.
12. JUDGE; He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.–Acts 10:42.
13. KING OF ISRAEL; He saved others,” they said, “but He can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let Him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in Him.–Matthew 27:42.
14. KING OF KINGS; They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers.”- Revelation 17:14
15. LAMB OF GOD; The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! – John 1:29.
16. LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH; Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”–Revelation 5:5.
17. MAN; For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus – 1 Timothy 2:5
18. MESSIAH; The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, “We have found the Messiah” (that is, the Christ)–John 1:41.
19. MIGHTY GOD; For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6.
20. NAZARENE; What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”.–Mark 1:24.
21. ONLY BEGOTTEN SON; No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. – John 1:18.
22. PASSOVER; “Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us..”–1 Corinthians 5:7.
23. PHYSICIAN; When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. – Matthew 9:12.
24. POTENTATE; which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, – 1 Timothy 6:15
25. PRINCE; and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.–Acts 3:15.
26. PROPHET; For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you.–Acts 3:22.
27. PROPITIATION; And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.’–1 John 2:2
28. PURIFIER; He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness.”–Malachi 3:3.
29. PRIEST; Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess-Hebrews 4:14.
CHRIST ABOVE ALL GLORY SEATED – MHB 225
1. Christ, above all glory seated,
King triumphant, strong to save!
Dying, you have death defeated,
Buried, you have spoiled the grave.
2 Thou art gone where now is given
What no mortal might could gain,
On the eternal throne of heaven
In Thy Father’s power to reign.
3 There Thy kingdoms all adore Thee,
Heaven above and earth below,
While the depths of hell before Thee
Trembling and defeated bow.
4 We, O Lord, With Hearts Adoring
Follow Thee Above The Sky!
Hear Our Prayers Thy Grace Imploring,
Lift Our Souls To Thee On High.
5So When Thou Again In Glory
On The Clouds Of Heaven Shalt Shine,
We Thy Flock May Stand Before Thee,
Owned For Evermore As Thine.
6Hail! All Hail! In Thee Confiding,
Jesus, Thee Shall All Adore,
In Thy Father’s Might Abiding
With One Spirit Evermore!
Translated by James Russel Woodford (1820-1885)
Source: Culled from Wilmington’s Guide to the Bible
By Dr. Joyce Aryee, the author
For further inquiries please contact us on Tel Nos. 0302-772013 or 0268130615