Roast turkey with cranberry sauce
- 1 whole turkey
- 100 grammes of butter
- 100 grammes of onion, chopped
- 100 grammes of celery, chopped
- 10 grammes of crumbled sage and thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 grammes of garlic minced
- Balsamic vinegar
- 20 grammes of sugar
.150 grammes of cranberry
– Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions, celery, sage, thyme and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until browned.
-Remove giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, keep for gravy. Rinse turkey inside and out with running water.
– Stir together butter, sage, salt and pepper; rub over turkey, inside and out. Loosely pack stuffing into neck and body cavities, fold over and skewer neck flap closed over stuffing. Tie legs together.
– Place turkey, breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
– Cover with foil and roast in 325°F oven for about 1.5 hours, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes.
– Remove foil and continue to roast or 1 3/4 hours, basting every half hour, or until instant-meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 185°F. Keep it under lamp for carving
-Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring chicken stock turkey neck, giblets, onion and bay leaf to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
– While cooked turkey rests, skim excess fat from roasting pan whisk in flour until well combined.
-Gradually whisk in reserved giblet stock; Bring to boil and cook, Season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain and serve alongside turkey.
-For cranberry sauce in small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until softened.
– Put balsamic vinegar; boil for five minutes or until reduced. Mix together cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper.
– Mix into onion mixture; bring to boil and cook, until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick.